Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pen names... Own it? Or spare the family embarrassment...

I've been working on a novel for a few months. (Slow and steady wins the race!!) In the past I have written screenplays and other short stories. I have always used my real name. But recently I've been debating the whole thing.

 I censor myself a lot on Facebook. I don't usually just blast out what I am thinking because I treat my Facebook like I would a bar. No politics (although sometimes I can't help it) and no in your face religious posts (I'm Christian but not everyone is). I think I do some of it because I'm so all over the board with issues and really no one cares. I'm ok with it. I'm pretty real with myself, I realize I am never going to post a Facebook status update and have people say. WHOA. That made a TON OF SENSE. Crissy has won me over for the side of GOOD! Haha, the side of good, is that like a side of bacon. Why yes, I'll have the fried eggs and a side of GOOD! Sorry, having a let's talk about... SQUIRREL kinda day.

  Back to pen names. The end is in sight with this book and I feel like since this is the thing I think I am going to try to get published do I want a pen name. If I do, I need to decide it and start to build it I think. I have a friend who has a pen name and it suits her. I like it and I see how much work she is doing to build it up and I'm very impressed.

 To be honest there is a part of me that finds the idea to be very cool and romantic in a sense. I would love to have this whole other side of myself, that said I like the glory lol. When I was competing at a national level through school for public speaking I loved it. I mean I won a bronze medal in public speaking and beat out all the other people who were there from a college level. I think that's nifty. Considering on a good day I sound like a 10 year old hello kitty voice over actor.

Anyway, what are your thoughts? yay or nay? What would you name the awesomeness that is Crissy?

No comments:

Post a Comment